We understand that there may be many questions asked during the process of selecting and applying to a school. True North School is here to help and answer your concerns as thoroughly as possible. Please refer to the following questions and responses that we have gathered.
At True North School, a diagnostic exam consists of seven segments, covering Math, English, Vietnamese, physical testing, innovation skills, and two (02) interviews with both students and parents.
Parents must pay the Placement Fee once the student has completed the entrance exams interview, which will be deducted from the tuition fee. The Reservation Fees will not be reimbursed if the Parent decides not to enroll a student after the fee has been paid. If Parents do not pay the Reservation Fee in full, the school may reserve the quota for another record.
For more information about this year's program, please contact True North School's admissions office.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, our program is offered to students entering grades 1-3 and 6-9. The scholarship, which ranges up to 100% full tuition, is awarded based on the student's academic performance, character, and work ethics, and is evaluated annually. For more information about this year's program, please contact True North School's admissions office.
In order to secure the scholarship in future years, students will be evaluated on five criteria: academic ability, standardized test results, extracurricular activities, codes of conduct and learning development.
At TNS, we believe and focus on giving each of our students a tailored and meaningful educational experience. As a result, our class size will not exceed 20 pupils. According to a Brookings Institution experiment that validated the results, a 32% reduction in class size enhanced student success in a certain class. This advantage is usually achieved when class sizes are reduced to no more than 20 students per class.
The True North school project's amenities comprise 50 international-standard classrooms. TNS classrooms, unlike typical classrooms, are built and implemented with the goal of focusing on students' learning experiences. We also offer different function rooms that are completely equipped with resources for study and practice, such as: - Fine Arts Room - Music Room - Laboratory - Maker Spaces Creative Workshops - Business Room Staff - Aerospace Room - Stadium - Indoor Swimming Pool.
During the 2022-2023 school year, True North School offers 14 clubs for students on campus. All True North School clubs are free to join. Students can join up to anyone (02) clubs after the regular school day ends.
The outstanding advantages of AP program compared to IB and A-Level:
A. AP is more popular and recognized by foreign colleges throughout the world;
B. The curriculum includes more topics and fields with 38 elective courses;
C. Students develop and hone more skills;
D. Lower expenses for program implementation and maintenance;
E. Lower costs for tests and examinations;
F. Student-Centered Programs: individualized curriculum, optional courses, and enabling students to learn independently with instructor guidance and direction.
G. Rather than a teach-to-test strategy, the AP curriculum focuses on strengthening students' core abilities and competitiveness, while also assisting students in gaining confidence, independence, and self-reliance. and future success;
H. More flexible exams
Advantages of Common Core State Standards (CCSS):
- CCSS is an internationally recognized standard;
- CCSS enhances academic rigor and helps students better prepare for college and career success anywhere in the world;
- CCSS assists students in developing higher-level thinking skills. Because each question in the test-assessment procedure will require students to employ several abilities at the same time, rather than testing each ability individually;
- The CCSS assessment approach enables instructors to track individual student's improvements and growth rather than comparing one child to another.
- Assist students in identifying their learning objectives and understanding what needs to be done to attain those learning outcomes.
The difference in TNS:
- Our approach to the concept of discipline and 'fail safely'
- We emphasize on Fitness and Wellness, assisting students in balancing education, play, health, and emotions
- Beginning in preschool, students' electronic personal profiles are created.
- Core subjects are taught in addition to the textbook curriculum.
- STEAM-focused integrated teaching technique - Personalized learning for each student
- Our unique subjects taught in High School include: Aerospace, Entrepreneurship, Film, Data Journalism, Maritime Studies...
- Our academic and career counselors help students obtain scholarships and apply to colleges by providing orientation, guidance, and support.
- Our internship program begins in 9th grade and includes over 100 hours of community service.
Elementary and Middle School students will have two (2) elective lessons each week. Students can also engage in After School Activities. Among the elective courses and activities include, but are not limited to, the following: Academics, sports, performing and visual arts, community service, and so on.
Students in high school will take three (03) optional topics (equivalent to nine (09) periods each week). Finance / FinTech (financial technology) - Cryptocurrency are among the elective activities and courses planned for High School pupils. - A spirit of entrepreneurship
- Analytics for big data
- Design of graphics
- Language of programming
- Animation/cartoon creation
- Music/musical composition
- Band / Choir / Dance
- 2D design
- Modeling Conference of the United Nations (MUN)
- Public Speaking Techniques
- Public Speaking Techniques
Our doors are always open for welcoming you and your children. True North School is happy to help with any questions you may have for us.