Natural Science & Math Teacher
A Natural Science & Math Teacher is in charge of teaching, preparing materials, building up curriculum, organizing activities, assessments or tests, scoring and giving feedback to students, relating to the subject; as well as ensuring the best learning effectiveness and the best quality of assessments. A Natural Science & Math Teacher is also responsible for participating in mutual tasks/activities assigned by the School Principals, Academic Team or Board of Directors, contributing to the ideas for general teaching activities.
- Collaborate with Head of STEAM and School Principals to build up the teams’ budget and curriculum;
- Collaborate with other Natural Science/Math/Physics/Chemistry teachers to design the Natural Science & Math curriculum in English.
- Prepare learning and teaching materials, teaching schedules/plans with specific goals for students with Natural Science & Math.
- Teach, manage the class and take care of the students during your teaching time;
- Create and organize teaching and learning activities to develop students ability; Create new learning methods to help students achieve their best results in Natural Science & Math;
- Update the class and students status (if any) on Learning Management System;
- Assess learning effectiveness, including tests or quizzes for students to adjust the teaching method;
- Complete professional reports required by the BOM, Head of STEAM, the Principal(s) or the Academic Team;
- Prepare materials and participate in mutual meetings or 1-1 meeting with parents of classes that you teach;
- Be on duty to supervise the students based on the School’s assignment;
- Participate in training sessions by the School; actively participate in courses to develop teaching skills;
- Build up a respectful, collaborative relationship with parents and students;
- Participate in the School’s activities;
- Support the colleagues in academic activities and other tasks as assigned;
- Other tasks assigned by the BOM or by the School;
WHAT YOU OFFER US
- Graduated from University, majoring in Natural Science/Math Education with required education certification.
- Experience in teaching (bilingual or international school is an advantage), and knowledge of the new education program.
- Good communication whether it’s a one-on-one, small group, or full-faculty meeting, analysis, evaluation.
- Collaborate with the faculty, staff and parents.
- Know the basic technology skills, such as G-suit, and apps for schools.
- Use English to communicate with all teachers, able to read English reference materials.
- Working hours: 40 hours a week + 1-2 Saturdays per month (workshops, training, school events)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive financial package
- Compulsory insurance
- Premium health insurance
- 12+ days of Annual leave and 3 Sick leave
- Free gym membership
- Impact-driven culture
- Professional growth opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your fit with the True North School philosophy and approach and your interest in working at TNS to: firstname.lastname@example.org.